Monday, March 29, 2010

Triple Citrus Cooler


Man I wish I had a backyard. I would have a crazy herb garden. Whatever I couldn't use fresh would be hung, dried, ground and bottled. I'd also have citrus trees. When they produced oranges, lemons and limes, I'd make gallons of this Triple Citrus Cooler and share it with my friends.

Triple Citrus Cooler

Yield
Makes 8 servings (8 cups)

Ingredients
3/4 cup of sugar (for the simple syrup)
3/4 cup hot water (for the simple syrup)
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 bottle club soda (1 liter)
Orange, lime and lemon slices

Preparation
1. Prepare simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar dissolves, then remove from heat.

2. Combine orange, lime and lemon juices in a tall pitcher. Stir in club soda and simple syrup. Add ice and stir until cold. Place citrus slices into glasses. Pour cooler over ice, filling each glass.

Notes
Because I have baby girl hands, I like to wear latex gloves when juicing citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment